The website www.indianculturalforum.in is maintained for and on behalf of the Society for Knowledge Commons, a not-for-profit organisation registered as a society under the Indian Societies Registration Act, 1860, and operating out of New Delhi, India.
The copyright, notices and reproduction terms of content on the Indian Cultural Forum, www.indianculturalforum.in are as follows.
Copyright, Notices and Reproduction of Content
1. Terms of reproduction of ICF content:
The information and material available on and from the Indian Cultural Forum (ICF) site comes from a number of sources namely:
(a) content from that created and published by and for ICF, formerly under contract with the Indian Writers Forum Trust, and currently with the Society for Knowledge Commons.
(b) work from external contributors and sources (third parties who have given, permission for use of their content, content copied under statutory licenses, internet links, etc.).
All information and material on the website identifying ICF as the author is referred to hereinafter as “ICF Content” while information and material falling under (b) above is referred to as “Third Party Content” .
All ICF Content is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Non Commercial-No Derivatives, 4.0 International License, and the same is indicated by the presence of the following icon on the relevant pages:
Under the terms of this license, details of which can be found at http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/4.0/legalcode, you are free to
- Share – copy, distribute and transmit the content.
- Under the following conditions:
(a) you must attribute the content in the manner specified by ICF on the relevant page / adjoining the content, or in the absence of any such specific attribution to “Indian Cultural Forum website www.indian culturalforum.in, owned and run by the Society for Knowledge Commons, Delhi, India. You may not in any way suggest that ICF endorses you or your use of the content,
(b) you may not use this content for commercial purposes,
(c) you may not alter, rework, edit, transform or build upon this content in any way, shape or form.
(d) However, any of the above conditions can be waived upon permission of the copyright holder / publisher viz. Society for Knowledge Commons. Email related to ICF content should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(e) All Third Party Content is reproduced with permission and therefore subject to copyright unless specifically indicated otherwise. In respect of such content, except as permitted by the Indian Copyright Act, 1957, (including where the work is already in the public domain or fair dealing for the purposes of private study, research, criticism or review as permitted by law), no part thereof, may in any form or by any electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording, or any other means be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system or be broadcast or transmitted, in whole or in part, in particular for any commercial purpose, without the prior permission of IWF or the relevant copyright holder.
(f) Notification of infringing material:
If you are a copyright owner (which can be an exclusive licensee), or their agent, and if you believe that a work is available on the ICF website in such a way that constitutes an infringement of copyright, or a breach of an agreed license or contract, you can notify ICF of the same in writing at the addresses provided below.
Your notification must include:
- Information reasonably sufficient to enable us to identify the copyrighted work that is the subject of the claimed infringement or, if multiple copyrighted works are involved, a representative list of such works;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate and access such material;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact you, such as your name, address, telephone number, and email address;
- An indication of whether you are the owner of the content, or if you are acting on their behalf (details of all parties must be supplied including the relationship between them);
- An indication of the law, license, or contract that you claim is being transgressed;
- In the event the content constitutes 3rd Party Content and / or has been linked through the ICF website, an undertaking that you will file an infringement suit against the violator of your copyright, in the competent court having jurisdiction, and produce the order of such a competent court, within a period of 21 days from the date of the notice.
Terms and Conditions
- ICF reserves the right to change these Terms and Conditions at any time by posting changes online (you may not receive a personal notification to this effect). Your continued use of this site after changes are posted constitutes your acceptance of this agreement as modified.
- You agree to use this website (and the content provided therein) only for lawful purposes (i.e. that are not fraudulent, illegal, unauthorized or harmful in any manner), and in a manner which does not infringe the rights, or restrict, or inhibit the use and enjoyment of the site by any third party. In particular, you agree to follow relevant copyright laws as applicable domestically and/or internationally and as specified more particularly in the Copyright Terms. In particular, by continuing to use this website you agree not to utilise any of the content available on this website for any commercial reasons whatsoever, without the prior permission of ICF. For more information on the use of content from this website please refer to the Copyright Terms.
- To provide notice of material alleged to infringe a copyright or any other rights please refer to the Copyright Terms and in particular the form for Notice of Infringing Material.
- ICF reserves the right to moderate any user generated content on the website including comments, suggestions, etc.
- ICF reserves the right to suspend, or discontinue the provision of any individual service on this website or indeed suspend or discontinue this website all together without any notice or liability on its part.
- This site and the information, names, images, videos, pictures, logos regarding or relating to the ICF website are provided “as is” without any representation or endorsement made and without warranty of any kind whether express or implied. In no event will ICF be liable for any damages including, without limitation, indirect or consequential damages, or any damages whatsoever arising from the use or in connection with such use or loss of use of the site, whether in contract or in negligence. ICF does not warrant that the functions contained in the material contained in this site will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that this site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs or represents the full functionality, accuracy and reliability of the materials. Please see the Disclaimer for further details.
- You may create a link to this website, though should you do so, the same is at your own risk and the terms of this agreement will apply to your use of this website by linking to it.
- The content on the ICF website is provided for educational and informational purposes only. ICF makes no representations about the content and suitability of the information presented online for any purpose.
- ICF uses reasonable endeavours to ensure the information on this web site is current and accurate. To the extent permitted by law, ICF makes no representations or warranties as to the accuracy, reliability, completeness or currency of the information within this website.
- The use of the website and any information contained on the site is at your own risk. ICF, its employees, agents, consultants and representatives do not accept any responsibility whatsoever, including responsibility for negligence, physical damage, personal injury, economic loss, costs or expenses of any kind, or any other loss or damage suffered or incurred by anyone as a direct or indirect consequence of errors in or omissions from the site, or related action or inaction taken in reliance upon the contents of the website.
- The views expressed in the information and materials published on the ICF website, including all 3rd Party Content, are those of their authors (or as indicated) and not of ICF. The inclusion of any links on the website does not necessarily imply ICF endorses the views expressed within them.
- Breach of any of the Terms and Conditions, in any way, gives ICF the right to take any lawful actions to deal with such breach, including but not limited to suspending your access to the website, prohibiting you from accessing the website, blocking computers using your IP address from accessing the website, contacting your internet service provider to request that they block your access to the website and/or bringing court proceedings against you. Failure by ICF to strictly enforce any of the provisions set out in this agreement or failure to exercise an option to remedy a breach shall not be construed as waiver of such provisions and shall not affect the validity of the Terms and Conditions or of any part thereof or the right to enforce the whole or any part thereof. No waiver of any of the provisions of this agreement shall be effective unless expressly stated to be the case in a written document signed by both parties.
- You hereby indemnify ICF and undertake to keep ICF indemnified against any and all losses, damages, costs, liabilities and expenses (including without limitation legal expenses and any amounts paid by ICF to a third party in settlement of a claim or dispute on the advice of ICF’s legal advisers) incurred or suffered by ICF arising out of any breach by you of any provision of these terms and conditions (or other illicit or unlawful use of this website), or arising out of any claim that you have breached any provision of these terms and conditions.
- This website and the Terms and Conditions are governed by and are to be construed and interpreted in accordance with the laws of India.
- In the event of any dispute arising out of the use of this Website or interpretation of these Terms and Conditions, the Parties shall attempt to mutually resolve the matter through negotiations. In the event no resolution is possible, the Parties shall proceed to arbitration, before a single arbitrator, to be appointed by Knowledge Commons. Knowledge Commons shall make the appointment of the sole arbitrator within 2 weeks of notice of the failure of negotiations (which may be given by either party). The decision of the sole arbitrator shall be final and binding on the parties. The arbitral seat shall be in Delhi and Indian law, as applicable, shall govern proceedings.
- The Courts at Delhi, India shall have exclusive jurisdiction to adjudicate any dispute arising under, out of or in connection with these Terms and Conditions or any usage of the ICF website.
- If any part of the Terms and Conditions is found unlawful and/or unenforceable the rest of the Terms and Conditions, to the extent separable, shall continue to be valid.
- The Society for Knowledge Commons, which is the owner and administrator of the ICF website, is a not-for-profit organisation, registered as a society under the Indian Societies Registration Act, 1860.
- The Society for Knowledge Commons may be contacted at Khasra No. 275, West End Marg, Saidulajab, New Delhi 110030. Email email@example.com
- This website is maintained by the Society for Knowledge Commons.
- ICF does not collect personal information for any purpose other than to respond to your queries and to process payments (subscriptions and donations). Personal information may be provided to third parties in the normal course of business (such as our bankers, for the purpose of processing payments) but shall otherwise remain confidential except for any disclosures required by law.
- ICF does not collect information or create individual profiles for commercial marketing. Your details will not be passed on or sold to any third party for any commercial reason whatsoever.
- Any communication or material that you transmit to, or post on, any public area of the site including any data, questions, comments, suggestions, or the like, is, and will be treated as, non-confidential and non-proprietary information.
- This website contains links to third party sources and sites. These are provided solely for information purposes. When you select a link to a third party website, you are leaving the ICF website and are subject to the privacy policies of the third party website.